Friday, March 14, 2014

Double Journal Entry Task (Friday 3/14)

 1.  Watch this ShowMe to learn how to complete a Double Journal Entry activity.  Here's an example from last domain:


In My Hands (pg 26.)

"As the German divisions presses toward Radom, the Polish army units, shockingly outgunned, began to retreat, and at St. Mary's the army officers asked for nurses and doctors to accompany them. Withou hesitation, I raised my hand to volunteer: I wanted to take part in driving the Germans out of my country."



Diary of a Young Girl (pg.25)

" 'French', he replied. I asked if I could look at his lessons. Then I sat on the sofa, and began to explain some French to him. We went on talking pleasantly about other things too, and finally he spoke about the pictures of film actors on his wall. It's the one that I gave him, and he likes it very much."



Essay Question:  During the war do the main characters have differences or similarities on how they act throughout it since it was a very difficult time for Jews?


2.  Choose a quote from your book and a quote from your partner's book.  Both quotes should show something about the society or community where the books take place.

3.  Write two essay questions based on your quotations.   Remember, essay questions should require longer answers, not something that can be answered in a few words.
[Use question words like how, why, and what to make the questions open ended.]  

4.  Email your work to nicole.may@inwoodacademy.org.  Make sure both of your names are included in the email.

5.  If you finish early, create a poster of your double journal entries.